Improper storage will effect the efficacy and reliability of your test strips. The following environmental and hygiene standards are strongly recommended:
- Store test strips in their original packaging ONLY. Do not transfer them to other packaging or any other type of container.
- The packaging should be sealed at all times.
- Select a cool, dry storage place. The temperature should be between 35.6°F and 86.0°F (2°C and 30°C ) and relative humidity between 10% to 85%. Avoid storing outside of these ranges.
- Keep the test strips away from direct sunlight.
- Do not handle the test strips with wet hands.
Use each test strip immediately upon its removal from its packaging. Strips exposed to the open-air for more than a few minutes can render inaccurate readings.