1) Installing the batteries: Ketodoc testing meter requires two 1.5 volt (AAA) alkaline batteries. Please use approved, certified batteries to avoid damaging the meter.
- Open the battery cover.
- Insert and align the batteries, as guided.
- Correct installation will trigger an auditory 'beep'.
- Replace the battery cover.
2) Changing the date and time is an optional feature. Upon first installation, changing the battery or when adjusting the clock, time and/or date adjustment can be made by following this procedure:
- Open the battery cover. The time adjust button is located on the bottom left of the meter’s rear.
- Press and release the adjust button, the meter will activate, and the year will flash on-screen. Only the last two digits of the year are visible.
- Press the enter button on the face of the meter until the current year is shown.
- Press and release the adjust button on the rear of the meter to adjust the month.
- Press the button on the face of the meter until the current month is shown.
- Continue this process of using the adjust and enter buttons to select the date, hour and minutes.
- On completion, press the adjust button and the meter will shut-down.
3) Using the meter’s memory: Your Blood Ketone testing meter stores your last 180 test results, complete with date and time. When the memory is full, the latest result is added to the memory and the outdated result is deleted.
- i) You may enter the memory mode by pressing the enter button on the face of meter. 'OI' will flash, followed by the latest ketone result.
- ii) Press the enter button a second time to obtain the second record. The result will flash with '02.'
- iii)You may obtain all 180 readings by applying this same process.
- iv) After the earliest result is displayed, the 'OFF' symbol will prompt you to exit.